Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scarred for Life

Surgery is over and I feel surprisingly good for having gone through a double mastectomy. I'm not in a lot of pain and my spirits are very high. I am surrounded by so many positive people that I can't help but feel good inside and out.

I have been reluctant to look at my scars. Afraid of how my reaction would be emotionally since I already feel as though my womanhood has been altered. Yesterday, while alone, a took a good, long, and hard look at myself and my scars and I was okay. I didn't cry and I didn't feel sorry for myself, so I'm counting that as another small victory along the way!

With vanity in full tact my main concern was having my toenails repolished to match my fingernails. Lo and behold, Lauren was there to save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment