Thursday, April 5, 2012

CRAMPING My Style

*WARNING: This post contains unlimited amounts of sarcasm*

Today I am sitting in the doctor's office again searching for a few answers. I've been feeling more beside myself than usual so I'm desperately trying to get it together. During my last cancer treatment the doctors discovered that my potassium levels had bottomed out at dangerously low proportions and I was required to have a two-hour potassium drip before I could leave. (I'm going to conveniently leave out the fact that it was because I wasn't taking the potassium pills I was prescribed to offset depletion due to other medications they had me taking).

The nurse stated I need to come back in two weeks for additional lab work to see how I was progressing. Well, It's been three weeks and my symptoms are back with a vengeance: Light-headedness, nausea, muscles cramps/spasms in my extremities, and headaches etc. So here I am!

My labs FINALLY came back and they are all normal. YaY.....(not). I still don't know what's wrong with me and I made it very clear to my nurse I wasn't happy with all this 'normal levels' nonsense and she had some more work to do!! I've learned to be careful what you wish for because now I have two MORE hours of fluid to intake intravenously. Tracy (that's my nurse) is now looking into the fact that it may be due to some of the meds I am on. (YOU THINK?!?!? It's not like I'm taking a million pills a day.)

The FINAL outcome is that I have to discontinue one of my meds until I see my primary care physician next week (*voice inside my head* JUST ONE!?!?!), the other 99,000 I have to keep taking until....until....Well, just until.

I told you all that cancer is the gift that just keeps on giving....out of the numerous pills I take a day, most of them are to treat a condition created from the cancer/cancer-treatment or to keep the cancer from coming back...Oh yea, did I mention the "anti-cancer" pill I have to take twice a day for five years?!?!

But I digress....LOL. I just needed to vent AND occupy my time since I've been here ALL DAY!! The bright side is that I'm still cancer-free and "living my life like it's golden".

Be Blessed My Friends!!




No comments:

Post a Comment