Tuesday, February 1, 2011

STILL WOMAN

This journey has given me a lot of positive awakenings but it has also given me some negative awakenings as well. One of the biggest fears I had going into this was my body image as a woman. The thought of losing my breasts was horrifying and the thought of losing my hair.....well, if you really know me then you already know what that is like!!

Even before I could open my eyes someone had thought about me. That alone is enough to make me feel good. What makes me feel even better is the WAY they thought about me.

"You're still a woman Mami!" Is what my friend said to me when I started my whining one day. "You're just gonna have some changes for a while." He has truly been someone who has supported me emotionally in a way that has brought me through some of my lowest points.

This morning I awakened to a poem he had written for me in my inbox and it honestly brought me to tears. It meant more to me emotionally than words could even begin to express and for this I am thankful that God has placed him in my life. I know he'll read this so Papi....I appreciate and thank you for what you have given me!!

STILL WOMAN
Still..still woman yea I see you walking with your swag
Still talkin' your jive
Still looking good 'cause you have pride
Still swinging them hips from side 2 side
Even if you switch you're.....still woman
Still movin' them lips with powerful but sincere words even the speechless couldn't ignore
Still woman isn't it true why god made blind beauty so pure and fine even the angels adore
Still woman if they took the precious
If they scar'd, torn, ripped away all visual
Your heart still beats like steel
As a man I still kneel because of what you are...
Still woman

No comments:

Post a Comment